It is my recommendation that you do NOT request service with ASAP Plumbing, unless you are agreeable to service appointment issues, bait and switch on pricing, promises that are unfulfilled, and poor technician performance.
Here's our story:
I reached out to schedule service for our church, based upon a recommendation from someone with hopes of swift resolution Monday 01/23/23. The scheduler said we were scheduled from 4-6 pm and the technician would call or text when in route. I received a confirmation text of the scheduled appointment, as seen in the picture attached to this review. The service call fee was quoted at $125 plus any other work done on the call.
By 5:15, I had not received a text or call from anyone. I called and was informed we were not on the schedule, as discussed and confirmed via text message. So, now I was put on hold to figure things out. The lady comes back on and says okay, it's resolved and you are on the schedule now. The tech will call you when he's on his way. We wait until almost 7 pm and then I call back. I'm told he's coming but stuck on a job. Okay-I'm trying to be patient, but it's wearing thin. Finally at almost 8, I get a call that the tech is down the street trying to find the building. I give more explicit instructions on how to locate the building and think he'll be there in just a few minutes. Nope! 30 minutes later he arrives. I see that his eyes are glossy and bloodshot, he's slurring his words, he can't work his iPad, and he doesn't even want to do the work to check things out. He finally agrees to snaking the line and comes back with a $227 service call fee for it being "after-hours" (when that's not my fault due to the scheduling mishap and extra delays)....Plus the snaking fee. Truthfully, with all of the red flags, I was not confident in his ability to perform service. He got his manager on the phone to discuss pricing while I spoke on the phone to our Pastor. I informed Pastor of the condition of the technician and the way the pricing has changed. We both agreed that we did not trust the situation.
After letting the technician know that he could leave and we were not going to accept service, the manager still wanted a service fee. My Pastor spoke with him and informed him of the reasons why we were declining service- technician impairment and pricing different from quoted. The main point was that we were concerned for the technician's ability to perform service in his current state. The technician of course got angry and raised his voice at me. He took his phone back and we told him he could go ahead and leave.
After he left, I called and spoke to a man named Niagol. I wanted to make sure that they understood that it was not about the money. Going to a job impaired is very unprofessional and unsafe. He spoke with management and said that the next morning they would come out and not charge the service call fee and offered discounts. He said they would look into the impairment of the driver. I was pleased with that response.
The next morning, I called several times to get on the schedule. First, I'm told that the managers are in a meeting and I'll get a returned call. Then, I'm told they can fit me in, but they'll call me back to give me the times. After waiting for several hours, I found another company. It seemed as if they only wanted to give me the runaround. I finally found someone that would come from 2-4. About 1:30 I get a call from an ASAP technician that he would be on his way. I was confused as I had no idea we were on the schedule. I never received that return phone call. He said yes, we were scheduled from 12-2. I told him that if he could get there before the other new company technician, since I hadn't received a call yet that the new tech was on his way, that we would work with ASAP. The gentleman hung up and must've called his boss because just a few minutes later I get a call from the supervisor. I'm informed that the techs are paid on commission and if I have already scheduled with another company, there's no use in their tech coming out because their tech won't make any money. I reiterated my lack of trust due to the previous events and that if the tech would be there, we would still give ASAP the business. He told me to go ahead and have the other new company tech check it out and quote us and then ASAP will beat the price of the job. I was flabbergasted. Say what?! That really upset me. I told him, "You want me to have another company check out the issue and then you want to come in and make the profit?! No, you'll never get our business now!" I hung up.
ASAP- this is completely unacceptable. Scheduling errors, an impaired technician, price changes, and then to tell us to get another company to check it out and you take the business and profit- YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES! read more