I was reccomend this mechanic by a friend; I contacted Zach and told him that I had special needs and was upfront about my situation; I only have a single car, it's our daily driver (so we needed it done and back working as fast as possible), and we are hand-to-mouth so we can't afford 1400-1800$ as an expected bill. He agreed, set a payment of half labor (400$)with the requirement that I get the parts myself, and said let him know when, and after I could pay him monthly (100$) until we were settled. it took me roughly a week to get everything agreed upon and scheduled up, (my family is surviving on 100$ this month to get this done) and when I told him I was ready he decided that he no longer wanted to honor our deal, saying that "he had a buisness to run" and if he took a payment plan with me he'd "have to do it again". Now I'm left with these parts, a car that won't make it to a shop, several people left hanging in the wind, having gone into debt with others just to make this all happen in a timely manner and midnight the night before I'm to deliver the car to him he decides this isn't in his best interest and at the very least he's going to alter our arrangement to a point he's aware I'm unable to accommodate saying that he'd need the entire 1400$ upfront, and that it would take a week to be done.
I don't live in a vacuum, I understand what I need is a big ask, but I didn't hide any details from anybody either; He was aware of my needs and agreed all the same. I get that he's just starting his own buisness, and that what I asked was irregular, but at no point was I unclear or misleading. theres no good reason to do this to me hours before the work was supposed to start. I'll provide screenshots of our conversation. this isn't just an inconvenience; this puts my whole family's life in danger because he decided literally in the last second to change his mind. read more