Although Jon, the man who came out to my home, was excellent. (He carefully checked out the thermostat, then went to the roof. He explained the compressor was no longer working.) We discussed replacement units. I asked if the workers could move the thermostat up on the wall and patch the hole from where the old one would be removed. He said he didn't think that would not be a problem.
After that visit, things went downhill fast. The draft of the contract the company sent did not include moving the thermostat. So I emailed back about that. This we went on and on on specifics. No one explained why the change from what I was told. Also my language that precisely stated how much higher the new thermostat would be on the wall was a problem I gave language that would work, including that the top of the new thermostat would be 6.5 inches above the top of the hole from the old thermostat The contract kept coming back "5 inches higher" with no specification of higher than what. (if they went 5" higher in a way that was simply 5" above the old one, it would be too high for me to see without craning my neck back, which I cannot do, due to the results of a 5-month-long serious spinal fluid leak that left me unable to crane my neck back. I needed the new thermostat top to be 6.5" from the top of the empty hole left by the old thermostat.
I had conceded other items (OK no paint or texture on drywall over the old thermostat hole) then OK no drywall. Then OK no drywall. Then I asked for heavy cardboard taped shut over any hole in the wall when they were not working on the hole. (I may not be in the unit when holes are made) I explained that the condos have rats in the walls and I do not want one to slip in. Then waiting again. Then email that they would patch the hole. I thought they would do drywall when I read this, but I may have been mistaken they may have been thinking of the cardboard solution. Then I heard nothing for 5 or 6 days, the language about 5" not being changed..
I then decided to read the 1 star reviews for this company to see if there was any hint of the kind of problems I was having.
And there were complaints of communication problems. Sadly, after being under stress trying to get a precise contract done, I was comfortable with signing, and not being able to stay warm enough on some evenings, nites and some mornings and, and having no idea why we could not agree on my 6.5 inch language I had to give up and find another company.
Was I fired from being a client? I liked Jon who came out the first day. And Sarah seemed kind and polite when she would get back to me (although not giving explanations why some language stayed the same.) Was management holding her up on relies?
Why didn't anyone call me to tell me they would not do what the front man said should not be a problem?
So confusing. Bad communication, long waits between emails. We were so close to a signed contract, but too many days went past.
Jon had me sold, until I got unsold.
So despite a good Yelp rating (over 4.0, I think 4.3 or 4.5) I made a big mistake not reading all the 1 star reviews, before I went forward, which I know to do on Amazon. The 1 star complaints alleged poor communication and frustration.
But I was sold on Jon being so kind, intelligent and honest, which I think he was read more