Saturday, Oct 10th - My AC went out (actually blowing hot air). I created a MX request through the Tricon app accompanied by a follow up call to clarify the severity of the issue. They stated due to its nature they would escalate it to an emergency MX request. They also stated that I would receive a call within two hours, and to call back if this doesn't happen. This in fact did not happen so I attempted to call their offices back but at that point they were out of office. I then attempted to call the emergency line (for emergency MX requests) to inquire about this. I did not get through but opted to get a call back. I didn't receive this call until four or five hours later. They said it had been assigned to a vendor but there is nothing they could do that night due to it being around 8pm. I then checked my email and saw that the issue had been assigned a vendor, and the vendor (lessen inc) had assigned a service provider (synergy preserve). I attempted to call the service provider that night but no response.
Sunday, Oct 11th - I called tricon to inquire about why I hadn't been called yet and they said I should be soon. I then was called back by synergy preserve in response to my call the previous night. They wanted to schedule for Monday, oct 12th. Due to the temperature in my first floor pushing 100F and upstairs being even hotter (so hot my deodorant and ChapStick melted) I asked tricon and lessen if there were any service providers that could get out there on Sunday. They gave vague answers.
Monday, Oct 12th - On Monday synergy preserve technicians came out around 530pm and identified the issue. It was the circuit board in the attic causing the furnace to be running regardless of what was on the thermometer. They were able to get it to stop blowing but unable to repair the AC that day due to not having the part on hand. This made the house a bit cooler but the first floor remains 94F+. They stated they would most likely be out in the morning to replace it.
Tuesday, Oct 13th - I waited and waited till around noon then called seeing if there was an ETA. They then stated that they needed to go through a proposal process (like a bid system to find the cheapest part), which includes tricon having to approve aswell. I then called tricon to have them approve it. They stated that within two hours it should be approved. After two hours I called synergy preserve again stating that it should be approved now. It wasn't. I then followed up with tricon again and they stated that there was nothing else they could do at the moment. Synergy preserve said for this reason they cannot come out that day. Mind you I work Wednesday to Wednesday 12 hour shifts (I was upfront about this and how I wanted to get this fixed on these four days I was off so I could be present for repairs as is required by tricon). I let them know this puts me in a bad position. I contacted my employer and verified that I could come in late if I were to be the first appointment due to synergy preserve starting around 930am. I was then told by synergy preserve that this wouldn't work due to their technicians not even being located in san Antonio but rather austin/similar locations, meaning they have a two hour drive prior to starting for the day. I then worked it out with my employer to leave for a few hours on Wednesday dependent on what synergy preserve tells me on Wednesday. Synergy preserve was ok with this arraignment and told me they would contact me via text to let me know an ETA so I can drive home. ( I cant have my phone at work so I have to walk to my locker to access messages)
Wednesday, oct 14th - I called synergy preserve around 10am to conf{irm} arrangements haven't changed. They stated they were still good and they would text me around 1 or 2 with ETA info. I checked at 1250 and they messaged me. The message essentially said that there is no eta but they will update me when they find out for today and also stated it may be tomorrow. I then called and they only gave ambiguous answers and said they would text any updates. Do to me needing to drive home for this if he texts me I was consistently walking out to my locker all day to never receive another message or call that day. It is currently day five going on day six of no AC. I am still sleeping in my living room with a fan blasted on me. Additionally, I am now going home today knowing I will be in a 94F+ room after a 12 hour shift; and it is unknown if this will be the case tomorrow aswell.
In conclusion, this whole situation has been extremely frustrating. All representatives have been extremely nice and helpful, but actions speak louder than words and my AC is still not fixed. Tricon did attempt to put me in a hotel but in my mind that is worse. The AC should have been fixed either Monday or Tuesday. Over the weekend not being able to is one thing but two work week days for an "emergency" MX request should have been doable. I am unsure if this falls more on tricon, the vendor, read more