DO NOT LIVE HERE.
This has been a week and a day of my own personal hell on earth. They do not know how to call. They only know how to email which is extremely unprofessional. They say you can move in and have you come 2 hours just to tell you you cannot move in.
12/3/23 - My boyfriend and I tour the brick. The first thing we say to them is "This is urgent. We need to move in on 12/9 because that is when we check out of our hotel" (we have been living in a hotel for 2 weeks before this) Jack, who is giving us our tour, lets us know that that is more than doable. Great! We take the tour and everything seems awesome. One issue is my boyfriend does not get paid until the end of the month with his new job. No problem, jack tells us, you are more than welcome to submit an offer letter.
12/4/23 - We apply to the brick. My boyfriend and I make more than 5 times the rent combined. My boyfriend submits his offer letter, and I submit my paystubs. Cool.
12/6/23.- We hear back from Jack! We just need my boyfriends employer to verify his income and then we will be approved and the move in date is set for 12/9. A little weird we think, but its fine. My boyfriend goes into work and tells his employer to respond to their email. His employer did not get an email. My boyfriend calls the brick and tells them we did not get an email to verify income. No response until the next day.
12/7/23 - The brick responds and says they just got the employers email and will email back asking to send their letterhead. My boyfriends boss sends the letterhead proving his income. No response until the next day.
12/8/23 - Jack says we did everything right and everything looks amazing and we should get approved today, he just needs to hear back from his supervisor. He tells us we need to have certified checks, insurance and the PSEG (electric) ready to go before move in. We get all of those things ready. We pay for insurance. We pay for the PSEG. We pay a $600 holding fee to hold the apartment for a week. We get certified checks totalling almost $6,000 together from the bank.
12/9/23 (move in day) - Jack emails us and says that he still has not heard back from management. Keep in mind, we live 2 hours away, so we are already on our way over. Jack tells us he should hear back today so we can move in. Cool. We get there, cant move in yet. He still hasn't heard back. Notably, we were upset at this point. Whatever. He says he has an appointment right now but will call us in an hour. We cut our losses and leave. An hour later, we get a call from Shannon, not jack. Shannon tells us that the management company isn't in on weekends and we wont hear back until Monday. Now, we are pissed. We moved all of our furniture two hours to this place. Just to be told we will not hear back until Monday.
12/11/23 (today, Monday) - We get a call from Shannon at 9:30am saying that she heard back from management and my boyfriend needs to submit his paystubs. I say to her, last Sunday when we toured, we let you guys know that he does not have a paystub yet, hence why we went through the trouble of getting the offer letter sent and the letterhead. She says it doesn't matter, he needs a paystub. I say ok, let me call him then have him call you. She says ok no problem.
Not even 2 minutes later my boyfriend calls back and gets told Shannon is now in a meeting (she did not tell me this). I call them again at 10:30 (gave them an hour for good measure). I tell them I need to speak with Shannon. The concierge tells me he has been telling her to call us back and he even emailed her to tell her and she didn't even answer her own concierge. Whatever. I call again at 11:30, just to see if she is available now. Still nothing, she is not available. Then, she calls my boyfriend back about 10 mins later. She tells him the offer letter he sent isn't a offer letter. We sent the offer letter on Monday, last Monday keep in mind. And they are just now telling us this. At this point we cut our losses and call the Walcott who are amazing, and approve our application within 30 mins. read more