I was recently referred to Dr. Coleman's Practice, however, she was not accepting new patients, but their new member, Dr. Haritha was. I unfortunately can not provide much praise. I was seeing her for consistent headaches over the past 6 months, at times painful. I felt comfortable with her ordering an MRI to rule out a tumor and blood work. The office actually called me as soon as the test results were in to schedule my follow up discussion of the results. So far so good and I was impressed.
When I went in, Dr. Haritha apologized because there was an error in the order for the MRI as it was to be with Contrast, but was actually run w/o Contrast. I had the order in my hand and know that it didn't indicate with Contrast and she told me when she gave it to me, that she had to hand write some information because she didn't know how to enter the information. When I scheduled the appointment with the Imaging Center, the 1st thing they asked was if it was with or w/o Contrast. I told them that I didn't know and the order didn't say. There was no order # on the form that Dr. Haritha gave me and the Imaging Center had no record of the order, so the best they could do was to schedule me a week out. I called back to Dr. Haritha's office to see if there was any way to schedule the MRI sooner. Jamie there asked me if the MRI was with or w/o Contrast and I told her I didn't know. She said she would check on it and call the Imaging Center and call me back. I had not heard anything close to the end of the day and called Jamie back. She told me that she called and gave them the authorization order. I explained to her (again) I was able to schedule it for a week out not having an authorization order, the reason I had contacted the office was to try and get it moved up. She told me that I needed to call the Imaging Center myself (poor customer service and tone).
End result; the order was received by the Imaging Center as w/o Contrast. Dr. Haritha informed me that w/o the Contrast she could not confirm the existence of a tumor. When I suggested that we have another MRI done with Contrast, she told me that I couldn't have another MRI for at least 90 days due to the level of radiation. She then referred me to a Neurologist as she had no other suggestions or answers and felt that he may want to order the MRI with Contrast.
Thanks to the error, I get to wait another 90 days to determine if I have a tumor. I did call and speak with Dr. Coleman this morning, who took a defensive approach, as I would assume she should. She did say however, that unlike Dr. Haritha, she felt that she could review my MRI results and definitively tell me if I had a tumor. She told me that she would look into it and call me back. That would be much better than waiting 90 days. read more