AWFUL Honestly, I almost didn't want the house after having to deal with this company, coos bay needs a new title company option because this one sucks.
At the end of my homebuying process everything got delayed because Ticor didn't have their act together so much so that I had to send the message below...which they never even responded to, no apology whatsoever. EVERY interaction I had to have with Ticor was messed up in some way...Avoid them if you can...and I'm not one to say that kind of thing usually so that tells you how awful Ticor was, and this message that was sent only addresses ONE of the issues I had with them...
"Ticor,
I'd like to offer some straight forward and direct feedback as a consumer of your business' products and services.
I feel that it is very important to let you know what the reflection of your business processes are so that perhaps you can take the feedback and do something constructive with it that benefits future customers and hopefully helps your business rather than hinders it.
My primary question is: How am I supposed to trust Ticor's FINANCIAL services for another 30yrs if we can barely even get through these parts??
"We don't do much business with the east coast" is not an acceptable excuse, neither is "someone processing your paperwork didn't know there was a rush".
Anyway I don't want excuses, I want action.
In the future, if you're not used to doing business with a certain region, you might want to designate some extra time to the customer file and do some research so that you can meet or exceed your customers expectations instead.
Today at 3pm PST (6pm EST) I got a call requesting more money for the notary that Ticor didn't have lined up already, but should have.
In the meeting I had with Vicki on Friday I was charged $200, and was specifically told it'd likely be less.
Today I found out that the cost is actually going to be $445!
More than 2x what I was quoted and charged!
So I imagine the extra fee is a SUPER rush fee since the notary that was FINALLY found is having to meet my sister between 7-8pm EST tonight, so that the docs can go out in mail tomorrow, AND my sister has to take them to be dropped.
Honestly, I think Ticor should offer to pay the difference because it was their errors/delays that put it in this situation, as a business owner myself, that is what I would do IF I caused this much delay and inconvenience to a customer due to my lack of research and preparedness.
This is the second time that a company involved in this home buying process has not done the research necessary for my account, despite being provided the information by Guild and I multiple times, the other was the insurance company.
This is also second time that I have end up getting charged 2x the fee originally quoted, and the company still gets their money despite poor service.
I have no choice but to pay the money in order to get the house I've worked so hard to find and live in, because otherwise this entire process gets held up even further to find someone else who is more competent at the last minute.
A customer should not be put in that position, it is a manipulative move and doesn't sit well with the customer, I assure you of that.
I pay people expecting the work I'm paying for to be done, and to be done according to schedule and to be done correctly.
I do not think that is an unreasonable expectation, especially of an organization responsible for handing sensitive financial documentation.
I hope you find this information and feedback helpful to righting your processes for your customers and the benefit of your business' reputation.
Sincerely,
Kricket
PegStilts.com - Peg Stilts, Puppets, and Art" read more